Some of you may have been wondering, “How many SMS alerts do we really use in Uptrends?” We’re here to give you some insight into the SMS credit usage of your account!
Introducing SMS credit usage overview
We want to be transparent about the usage of SMS alerts in your account. To more easily monitor the usage of SMS credits, we have added a new dashboard where you can view the usage.
Where do I find it?
- Log into the application.
- Go to ‘Account’ and select ‘Subscription Status’ underneath ‘Subscription’ in the pulldown menu.
- In the tab ‘Subscription’ you can see the remaining SMS credits.
- Select the link ‘View SMS credit usage details’. This leads you right to the new SMS credit usage dashboard!
How many SMS credits are part of my license?
You can easily find all your SMS credit purchase orders in the SMS activity log, the right tile in the new SMS credit usage dashboard. This tile keeps track of your total credit usage per month, and it saves a log record every time a new SMS credit purchase has been made.
How will I be notified if I start to run out of SMS credits?
When we notice that there is a shortage of SMS credits, we will send all administrators in your Uptrends account a warning by e-mail and SMS (don’t worry, that SMS is free!). This way, you will know when additional SMS credits are needed.
Tips on how to reduce the number of SMS alerts
By changing the alert conditions you can define who receives an alert and when. You could check your alert conditions and consider some of these options:
- Does every operator need to receive an SMS alert?
- Are some webpages or transactions more important than others? You could prioritize which alerts come through immediately and which ones could be delayed by up to 20 minutes or longer.
- Are there any operators on your account that are not active, like people who have left the department or company?
- By using e-mail to text you can receive alerts without having to use SMS.
The Future: Integrations!
We are working hard on the integration between Uptrends and other applications for alerts. Please stay tuned for more info!
Uptrends Academy: Course Alerting
In the Uptrends Academy we offer a course about alerting. In here we tell you everything you need to know about alert conditions and how to create alert definitions. We also dive deeper into advanced alerting customizations.