If you already use AlertOps, you’re familiar with the incident management system. However, did you know that you can integrate your Uptrends alerting with AlertOps? Our newest integration brings together the automation of AlertOps and the reliability of Uptrends alerting.
What is an AlertOps integration?
For you AlertOps experts, skip on ahead to the integration set up information. For the rest of us, AlertOps is an IT tool for prioritizing, documenting, notifying, tracking, and resolving system issues, such as a website outage or a database failure.
AlertOps routes messages (even incoming phone calls) to the on-call staff. Much like Uptrends’ duty-schedules, AlertOps knows who to contact and how. The platform is a centralized location for alerting, messaging, documenting, and reporting when things blow up. AlertOps helps teams reach problem resolutions faster.
With the Uptrends/AlertOps integration, you direct your alerting to AlertOps, and AlertOps handles the situation from there. When your alerts appear in AlertOps, they look something like this:
Setting up your AlertOps and Uptrends integration
You’ll find the setup process fairly straight forward. For the most part, the setup requires a three-step process of setting up the integration in AlertOps, adding the integration in Uptrends, and setting up the integration in your alert definitions.
- Set up an inbound integration in AlertOps. Setting up the inbound integration in AlertOps results in a URL you need in your Uptrends setup.
- Make a new AlertOps integration in Uptrends. Use the Add integration button under Alerts choosing the AlertOps integration type. You’ll need the URL from the first step here.
- Add the integration to your alert definitions. Including AlertOps in your alert definitions tells Uptrends to send the notification to AlertOps.
We have detailed instructions in our Knowledge Base; Once you finished your setup, you can also adjust all kinds of configuration settings in AlertOps for when AlertOps receives a notification. AlertOps also has set up information for an Uptrends integration.
You can set up multiple AlertOps integrations. For example, you may have one for handling your website’s uptime status, but you can set up others to manage transaction or API issues. It’s all about flexibility.
Uptrends can connect your other apps too!
The number of tools a DevOps team uses to manage the growing complexity of their website and API infrastructures expands all the time. We add integrations to increase your alerting options. Once you’ve finished setting up your AlertOps integration, you might also want to consider some of these other tools you can easily integrate with Uptrends as well.
- Slack: Get your alerts directly in your channels.
- PagerDuty: For on-call scheduling and incident tracking, route your alerts to PagerDuty
- StatusHub: Update your StatusHub page directly from Uptrends
- Statuspage: You can update your Statuspage using our integration
- Microsoft Teams: Send alerts to your Teams channels.
- VictorOps: VictorOps is an incident management tool designed for DevOps teams.
- ServiceNow: ServiceNow is a full management suite that goes beyond incident management.
- Zapier: Bring your alerting to Zapier’s automation solutions.
- OpsGenie: Prioritize, aggregate, and assign actions to your Uptrends alerting.
- Webhooks: Chances are you can set up a custom integration using webhooks if your favorite tool can process incoming messages.
We like to keep the lines of communication open
Send us your ideas for other integrations you would like to see. We can also answer questions about setting up your integrations or alert definitions. Just let us know. We always love to hear from you.